Friday, December 4, 2009

Holiday's with the Salmon's (and some sad news)



Well, it's been a while since if I have updated our blog. It's amazing how busy a little 5 month old can keep you. Her social calendar always stays full. We truly have been blessed to have so many friends have their babies around the same time as us. We have so much fun with them all. All fun is coming to an end though, I have some sad news at the end of this post.

Chloe is now 5 months and she is just starting to sit up. It is so fun to watch her grow so fast. She is always wanting to play and be a busy little bee. Mommy is constantly entertaining her! I love spending my days with her!


Here she is stitting up! The boppy is there to catch her when she gets to excited!


We had a great Thanksgiving holiday! The last 4 years our family has come to us, which makes it so much easier. We no longer have to travel to 4 different houses. I really love cooking for a huge family. My 27 pound turkey came out amazing, I might add! David and I also had a great week off together. We took Chloe to meet Santa, and she smiled the entire time. It was great. We also spent a great day at the park, and went to Oak Glen.
Swinging at the park the week of Thanksgiving

My sister with Chloe on Thanksgiving



Chloe had a yummy Thanksgiving too!


The day after Thanksgiving we held true to our tradition and took the baby up to the tree lighting ceremony in Big Bear. Poor kid, she was so bundled up she could not even move, lol. She got to see Santa (again) come in on a big fire truck. Her eyes got very big.
All bundled up



Waiting for Santa to come to town!


There goes Santa!

We have lots of fun stuff planned for Christmas. We are making Gingerbread houses at Grammy's tomorrow, we are looking at the lights at the Mission Inn and in Alta Loma, we have a couple of Christmas parties to attend, and we are getting our Christmas tree on Sunday! The holidays truly are so much more fun with a baby!

Although, there is a little bit of a damper on the holidays this year. I have to go back to work on December 17th! Ughhhh... Right in the middle of the holidays. The worst part is Chloe will start day care January 4th. She will stay home with daddy for the 2 weeks I have to go back to work. I am so devastated. I want to be a stay at home mommy so bad!!! But life has to go on. Back to reality I go.

I found a great in home day care for her. It's actually our neighbors day care. She has an awesome infant program that will teach Chloe baby sign language, she will start on a computer at 9 months, and she actually has a baby curriculum with activities that stimulate her throughout the day. It will also be very convenient for us, plus I really do trust her. I seriously looked at over 15 day cares, and was so disgusted that the state would even give licenses to these people. It was a very painful task, but I am confident with the decision we made. Hopefully in the future David and I will be in a position where I can be at home with her and our future children! But for now, this is what we have to do. I am going to enjoy my last 2 weeks at home with her, and be thankful that I was able to be at home this long. Nobody will ever do as good a job with her than me, but I know Ms. Rosalind (her care provider) will come close.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I feel your pain...I really do. I could almost cry because I want that so bad too. But it sounds like she will be in really good hands and having lots and lots of fun!

Elaina's Mommy said...

All of us working moms know exactly what you are feeling. I went through that too! I still wish I could be a stay at home mom too, but I know my baby is in good hands, which means everything. I would not leave her if I did not trust her caretaker. Plus now she really enjoys having a friend her own age (at daycare) to play with while I am at work.

Holly said...

Landon is going to miss sweet Chloe at bookworm! I will keep my fingers crossed that something comes up that will allow you to stay home :)