Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wheew.. I survived another round of layoffs!

Working for the worlds most hated company in America, AIG, has definitely taken it's toll on me these days. Today especially was a very scary and uneasy day. My company laid off a total of 600 employees, with 122 of them in California. They shut down another office in California as well. My heart goes out to everybody who lost their job today, however, I am very happy to announce that I have survived the lay offs once again. We were told that this should be the last round of layoffs as they would not be able to operate with out those of us who are left. We have heard this before, but I am very hopeful that we have seen the worst. I am being relocated to Ontario on Friday, but I am very thankful to still have a job (Baby Salmon and Hubby are thankful too!!)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are ok and made it through another round. Well now you'll be in my neck of the woods, maybe we could do lunch some time. :)
Robin